B&SC Code: GMGT
CIP Code: 52.0201
New York Hegis Code: 0506
Available online in all states
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business Administration program will be prepared with the knowledge and skills to apply business acumen within related industries. Courses in this general management program provide students with an understanding and skillset required in this high-tech global economy. Graduates will be able to apply the problem solving, strategic planning, communication, interpersonal, and technology application skills needed to analyze operational demands and creatively resolve contemporary business problems. Instruction includes active learning techniques, practical application of research methods, creation of team projects multimedia presentations and internship opportunities. As result, graduates will be prepared to overcome management and leadership challenges within the workplace.
Graduates of this degree plan will achieve the following program and institutional outcomes:
- Apply contemporary knowledge and skills in the evolving business marketplace.
- Analyze management processes as well as the role businesses play in a high tech global economy
- Evaluate ethical and multicultural issues within a diverse workplace environment.
- Examine humankind’s business accomplishments in international and domestic markets.
- Utilize appropriate current technology and resources to locate and evaluate information needed to accomplish a goal, and then communicate finding in visual, written and/or oral formats.
- Transfer knowledge, skills and behaviors acquired through formal and informal learning and life experience to new situations.
- Employ strategies for reflection on learning and practice in order to adjust learning processes for continual improvement.
- Follow established methods of inquiry and mathematical reasoning to form conclusions and make decisions.
- Participate in social, academic, and professional communities for individual growth and to function as a citizen of a multicultural world.