B&SC Code: DGMK
CIP Code: 52.1499
Available online in all states except NY and OH
Digital marketing applies digital technologies to marketing techniques. In addition to learning advanced business management and marketing concepts, students will develop an understanding of the ethical and cultural awareness needed in global business and marketing. Students will also practice employing current technologies and social media to attract and engage with consumers, encourage brand growth, and increase sales. This program prepares students to analyze markets and audiences, assess advertising effectiveness, and formulate digital strategies to create targeted digital marketing campaigns. Students learn to apply effective communication techniques; traditional marketing and promotional strategies; and a combination of various digital marketing methods, including email, mobile, and internet marketing strategies. Furthermore, students learn to analyze web data to optimize website utilization.
Graduates of this degree plan will achieve the following program and institutional outcomes:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns at the local, national, and global level, and propose ethical tactics to support the marketing strategy.
- Use traditional and digital marketing strategies to enhance brand visibility and accessibility, as measured by website traffic and inquiry to sales conversions.
- Engage with customers through various digital marketing pathways to build loyalty, as measured by repeat business or customer satisfaction levels.
- Analyze consumer behavior and marketing campaign results to address business needs.
- Utilize appropriate current technology and resources to locate and evaluate information needed to accomplish a goal, and then communicate findings in visual, written, and/or oral formats.
- Transfer knowledge, skills, and behavior acquired through formal and informal learning and life experiences to new situations.
- Employ strategies for reflection and practice in order to adjust learning processes for continual improvement.
- Follow established methods of inquiry and mathematical reasoning to form conclusions and make decisions.
- Participate in social, academic, and professional communities for individual growth and to function as a citizen of a multicultural world.