Feb 26, 2024
B&SC Code: MSMT
CIP Code: 51.0701
Available online in all states except NY and OH.
As the healthcare industry grows, so does the need for individuals with strong business skills to oversee the quality and efficiency of services provided. The Medical Services Management, BBA program is designed with a holistic approach to the system of medical services with a focus on the essential auxiliary and support functions working to use resources wisely to meet quality patient care objectives. The program helps students apply knowledge and analytical skills to issues of policy, information technology, budget, planning, in diverse medical environments. The blend of business skills with general concepts of medical services administration prepares graduates for the dynamic field of healthcare.
Graduates of this degree plan will achieve the following program and institutional outcomes:
- Recognize the impact of multi-facets of healthcare economics, policy regulation, risk management, ethics and legal responsibilities have on the medical services continuum.
- Collaborate with others to provide professional medical services without bias in a diverse work environment.
- Apply project management skills to planning, coordination, and implementation of medical services to improve operational efficacy.
- Evaluate current issues in medical services settings and create plans to resolve issues and improve outcomes.
- Utilize appropriate current technology and resources to locate and evaluate information needed to accomplish a goal, and then communicate findings in visual, written and/or oral formats.
- Transfer knowledge, skills and behaviors acquired through formal and informal learning and life experiences to new situations.
- Employ strategies for reflection on learning and practice in order to adjust learning processes for continual improvement.
- Follow established methods of inquiry and mathematical reasoning to form conclusions and make decisions.
- Participate in social, academic, and professional communities for individual growth and to function as a citizen of a multicultural world.
Total: 87 Semester Credit Hour(s)
Liberal Arts Requirements
Total: 33 Semester Credit Hour(s)
Total Credit Hours Required for Graduation: 120