B&SC Code: HRMT
CIP Code: 52.1001
Available online in all states except NY and OH
The Bachelor of Business in Human Resources Management program fully prepares graduates to enter careers in human resources related roles in different organization settings. These include organizations within for-profit, non-profit and public sectors. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills to effectively make strategic decisions tied to employee training, compensation and benefits to maximize organization productivity and profitability. Career opportunities include compensation and benefits managers, training and development managers, human resources specialists, social and community service managers, and management analysts.
Graduates of this degree plan will achieve the following program and institutional outcomes:
- Identify the value of human resource management and its role in organization operations and strategy such as recruiting, testing, and interviewing programs; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews and creating job descriptions.
- Apply knowledge of various business disciplines to problem solve and promote organizational viability.
- Analyze employee training and development systems aligned to individual and organizational goals to promote success.
- Develop a code of ethics including sexual harassment and diversity components.
- Solve various labor and employment challenges in non-profit, for-profit, and public sectors.
- Evaluate strategic compensation and benefits tactics to increase overall organization productivity.
- Utilize appropriate current technology and resources to locate and evaluate information needed to accomplish a goal, and then communicate findings in visual, written and/or oral formats.
- Transfer knowledge, skills and behaviors acquired through formal and informal learning and life experiences to new situations.
- Employ strategies for reflection on learning and practice in order to adjust learning processes for continual improvement.
- Follow established methods of inquiry and mathematical reasoning to form conclusions and make decisions.
- Participate in social, academic, and professional communities for individual growth and to function as a citizen of a multicultural world.