B&SC Code: BUSS
CIP Code: 52.0101
New York Hegis Code: 5001
Available online in all states
In this program, students develop the business skills, critical thinking skills, human relations skills and information technology skills that are required of employees in the 21st Century. Courses in this degree program provide students with a broad background in business communications, sales and marketing, accounting, business law, management principles and information technology.
Graduates of the program may apply their training to any one of several career opportunities including management trainee, service or sales representative, supervisor or department manager in a variety of business fields. Individuals desiring general business or self- employment in small business enterprises will find that this well- rounded program meets their needs.
Graduates this degree plan will achieve the following program and institutional outcomes:
- Explain the role of business in a global environment.
- Recognize management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of numeric measurements within the business environment to make informed decisions.
- Select and apply current technology skills to specific business applications such as social media and cloud technology.
- Identify and apply the basic functions of management such as staffing, planning, organizing, controlling and leading to the decision-making process.
- Formulate ethical decision-making skills that can be applied in the workplace.
- Utilize appropriate current technology and resources to locate and evaluate information needed to accomplish a goal, and then communicate findings in visual, written and/or oral formats.
- Transfer knowledge, skills and behaviors acquired through formal and informal learning and life experiences to new situations.
- Employ strategies for reflection on learning and practice in order to adjust learning processes for continual improvement.
- Follow established methods of inquiry and mathematical reasoning to form conclusions and make decisions.
- Participate in social, academic, and professional communities for individual growth and to function as a citizen of a multicultural world.