Mar 01, 2024
B&SC Code: DLOA
CIP Code: 22.0302
New York Hegis Code: 5005
Available online in all states
The Legal Office Assistant diploma program emphasizes the practical hands-on applications and skills necessary to enter the legal profession in a specialized administrative capacity. Legal Office Assistants provide support for attorneys, law firms, and corporations with researching and preparing legal forms and documents required in litigating law suits, prosecuting crimes, and closing real estate transactions. Coursework includes extensive training with case management, organizing and maintaining both in print and electronic documents, and drafting documents and correspondence used in a variety of legal venues such as custody, separation, and divorce proceedings. Graduates of this program may apply the courses and credits toward the Paralegal Studies AAS degree plan.
Graduates of this diploma plan will achieve the following program and institutional outcomes:
- Utilize appropriate current technology and resources to locate and evaluate information needed to accomplish a goal, and then communicate findings in visual, written and/or oral formats.
- Transfer knowledge, skills and behaviors acquired through formal and informal learning and life experiences to new situations.
- Employ strategies for reflection on learning and practice in order to adjust learning processes for continual improvement.
- Follow established methods of inquiry and mathematical reasoning to form conclusions and make decisions.
- Participate in social, academic, and professional communities for individual growth and to function as a citizen of a multicultural world.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills employers expect of new hires entering the career field.
Total: 24 Semester Credit Hour(s)
Liberal Arts Requirements
Total: 12 Semester Credit Hour(s)
Total Credit Hours Required for Graduation: 36
* Dedicated online learners take alternate course.